Pinterest will be four years old in March.
It has well over 70 million users.
And it’s the fourth largest traffic source in the world. Pinterest drives more referral traffic than Google+, LinkedIn and YouTube combined.
Crazy… I know.
But, what does this mean for us as entrepreneurs and business owners? Surely you’re on Pinterest already. The amount of Pinterest Marketing content that was created during early 2013 was a bit overwhelming – and impossible to ignore.
… and even though it has since died down, it doesn’t mean Pinterest is no longer a powerful marketing tool. You can still use it to spread your message, get more visitors and grow your business.
Here are some Pinteresting Stats about Pinterest:
- American users spent an average of 97.8 minutes on Pinterest.
- 80% of Pinterest’s users are female.
- 30% of Pinterest users are women 25-34 years old.
- Over 80% of pins are repins.
- A call-to-action pin description sees an 80% increase in engagement.
- Tutorial & guide/DIY & recipe pins see a 42% higher click-through rate than other pin types.
- Pins related to trending topics see an average of 94% increase in click-throughs.
- The best time to pin during the day is between 2 and 4 PM EST.
- The best time to pin in the evening is between 8 PM and 1 AM EST.
Make sure all your pins have a good description and a call to action. You can ask Pinterest users to please repin your pin, or you can ask them to visit your site.
Pay attention to trending topics so you can take advantage of that wave. You can find out what’s trending by:
- checking out Google Trends
- checking out Twitter Trends
- going to the Popular Pins section on Pinterest
Lastly, if you’re the creative type and have some Photoshop skills, you can create an image that walks people through a process and pin it at the Peak Hours. This works great for food and fitness blogs, but don’t feel left out – other markets can take advantage of this, too.
If you’re really good, you can even create an Infographic that relates to your business.
As for me… I’m going to wait until 3pm EST to publish this infographic on one of my boards. If it does as good as my other Infographics, I should see over 2.000 repins and a ton of new visitors.
Wish me luck… and same to you. Happy Pinteresting!
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):